Inter-house Music Competition.
Results : Solo Category – 1st Red House
2nd Blue House
3rd Orange House
oup Song – Joint 1st Red & Green House
Students participated in M B Girls School organised Debate Competetion.
Students participated in the Science play organised by BITM.
A workshop was organised by Education Next for Teachers .
Workshop by HSBC.
Children participated in the Quiz Competition held by Forest Department.
Inter-house Speech and Elocution Competition .
Results : Elocution(III-VI)
1st – Nilanjana Ganguly(VC)
2nd – Srinjoy Majumder(IIIC)
Joint 3rd – Debmalya Das(IIIC) & Soumya Ipsa(VIA)
Category A : 1st – Orange House
2nd – Red House
3rd – Green House
Category B : 1st – Blue House
2nd – Red House
Joint 3rd – Orange House & Green House
Spelling competition organised by Linc for students of class VII-IX.
School participated in the Radcliffe Dance Competition – Stood First .
School received several awards at the Telegraph Education Foundation Awards.
School participated in the Recitaion Competition at Ramkrishna Mission , Golpark.Participant Sarbajoy Das of Day Shift won many prizes.
Drama workshop at Oxford by Ananda Lal , attended by students.
Students participated in the Vidyanjali Art Competition.
Students participated in “Peace and Ahimsa Awareness Rally”,organized by SAMARPAN.
School participated in the British Council organised “All India India Inter School Drama Competition”,Semi-finals in New Delhi.
At the Bharat Vikas Music Competition , school stood first in both Regional and Hindi Patriotic songs and will represent the state of West Bengal at the All-India level at Haridwar in November.
Students participated in the Global Cancer Trust organised Poster/Slogan Competition .
Students participated in Horlicks wiz-kid competition where our school came 1st in dance .
Karate Classes are held for students of classes IV -X on Saturdays.
- Regular Inter-House Competitions in Debate, Painting, Drama, Elocution, Dance, Music and Sports are organised inside the school for students of all classes. Our students have acquitted themselves creditably well in co-curricular activities outside school and in Inter-School competitions in every field.
- Best Actor and Best Dancer Awards were achieved in the Inter -School Drama and Dance competition organised by Kala Sangam '97 and Lions Club of Calcutta Mega City at Uttam Mancha on November '97. Our students bagged the First Prize in solo song and First Prize in drama in the Inter -School Song and Drama Competition organised by Oriental Bank of Commerce in January '98. On July 2001 our students won third prize in a drama competition organised by Prayasam. In September 2001, our students bagged first prize in Essay competition organised by Rotary Club Kolkata. In VIBES 2001 organised by Statesman, our school bagged first prize in Dance and Drama Competitions.
- At the Inter-school Music competition organised by UNICEF and PRAYASAM a civil society organisation working for child rights in 2004, the HVM band won the first prize. At the Inter School Dance Competition held at Lakshmipath Singhania School, our school received 2nd prize in 2005.
- Our students were awarded the first prize in the category of choreographed Dance in the Talent Search for the young -Oorja contest organised by North Calcutta Junior Chamber of Commerce in August 2002. Our students also won the FIRST PRIZE in the Patriotic Song Competition -Pukar, 2000, 2001 and 2002. In the District and State Level our school represented the state of West Bengal in the National Inter-School Group Gong Competition held in Ambala in December 2002 and was declared FIRST. At Varanasi in the All India Inter School Competition organised by Bharat Vikas Parishad, HariyanaVidya Mandir received first prize in Sanskrit song in 2003. In 2005 our students received fourth prize in the regional song at the National level Inter School patriotic competition organised by Bharat Vikas Parishad at Muradabad.
- Hariyana Vidya Mandir was awarded Certificate of Honour by the Telegraph School Awards for Excellence for the 'Best Academic Performance by a school for the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. In 2001 Hariyana Vidya Mandir also received the Award for Best Presentation by the Telegraph Awards for Excellence. In 2003 our respected Principal received the Honour Certificate for the Best Principal of the year,by the Telegraph School Awards for Excellence and in 2005 HVM received the Best Presentation Award.
- Our students participated in a Maths Workshop organised by Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and won the fourth prize in geometric modelling competition in July 2001.
- Our students have successfully qualified in Science Olympiad, Maths Olympiad, National Talent Search Examinations and Jagriti Scholarship Examinations held in 1998,1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004. Nilabjo Ghosh IXD and Ankur Jain XE received scholarship of Rs. 500/- for securing All India ranks at the 5th National Science Olympiad Exam of 2002. Upasana Bhattacharya of IXD received the Jagrltl Independence scholarship of Rs. 1500/- in 2002. Utsav Mukherjee XIIB won the Jagriti Independence Scholarship in 1999 and he was the centre topper for the National Talent Search Examination in 2003.
- In 2004 Rishav Bhandia received Rs. 5001- as scholarship for securing 47th rank at the All India level and in 2005, Nikita Dhanuka ranked 46th at the All India level to receive the Scholarship in 6th & 7th National Science Olympiad Exam 2004 & 2005. Sanghamitra Sarkar XD was adjudged as one of the best All round students out of 10 students of West Bengal and was awarded a scholarship of Rs. 10,0001- for two years by Parle India Limited in 2002.
- Rahul Chakraborty of class III B was awarded the Parley All Round Excellence Prize by Parley UtkarshaVritti, a scholarship of Rs. 1O,OOO/-for two years in 2004. Rishabh Bhandia IX B won a cash prize of Rs. 500/- for securing the first rank from the state of West Bengal and 47th rank at the All India level in 6th National Science Olympiad held in 2004. Eleven students received certificates of merit from classes VIII to XII in 2004 at the Science Olympiad Exam.
- Kajal Gupta XII B1 secured first rank in SAT and TOEFL Examination conducted by USEFL in accordance with the syllabus set up by the International Institution of foreign colleagues in 2004. She also received the honour certificate for All Round Studentfrom TTIS.
- Our students have always secured first or second positions in Painting competitions. Miss Amashikha Dey, a student of class IX bagged the first prize and a Gold Medal in the 28th International Children's Art Exhibition organised in Japan where 9512 students participated from 56 countries. Payal Saha X has been awarded Prizes and Certificates of Merit in many inter-school competitions. Utsav Poddar VIIIB and Payel Saha XA received silver medal from the President in the Shankar's Art Competition In 2002.
- A Certificate of Honour was given to Master Abhishek Chakraborty, a student of class VIII E for outstanding Talent by the Telegraph School Awards for Excellence in August 2000. Certificate of Honour was Received by Ms. Payal Saha, IX and Swati Agarwal, XII in 2002 for outstanding talent.
- At the West Bengal Students Science Seminar organised by National Council of iji Science Museums, Government of India sponsored by UNICEF on Health for All Vision and Reality our student Anandita Sen of XI B bagged the First Prize from Calcutta District in August 2000. Our students stood second at the Inter school wild life Quiz organised by Forest & Fisheries Department, Govt. of W. Bengal in 2005.
- In Games and Sports, Inter -House Football, Cricket, Basket Ball, Badminton, Throwball and Table Tennis Tournaments are organised in school at regular intervals. Our school students participated in the Inter-School Cricket Tournament (under 19) organised by the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) .Our students Sarit Ray of XI B, Samik Hazra of XI Band Avik Mukherjee of IX E represented the India Cricket Team (under 19) to playa triangular series between India, Bangladesh and Nepal in Dhaka in October 2000.
- Our students have also participated in Inter-School Cricket
- Tournaments organised by Sub-Divisional Sports Association 24 Parganas (North) at Bidhannagar. We also have our Annual Sports Day. Our Table Tennis Team bagged the Champion Trophy, 2000 in the Inter-School Eastern zone T T Tournament organised by CBSE at Delhi Public School, Bokharo. Anirban Majumdar a student of class XII B1 was awarded a cash prize by Cricket Association of Bengal for scoring Double Century in one of the matches.
- At the Table Tennis Championships held at DAV Model School, Durgapur in 2001, Shreya Ghosh IVB and Kaustav Basu lXAwon the individual titles. At the All-lndia level TT Competitions held at Bhilai, organised by CBSE, Shreya Ghosh IV-B was declared the National Champion, in the under 14 category. In 2002 and 2003 Shreya Ghosh, VB was declared State TT Champion and National Runners-up and Samik Hazra, XI played Cricket Tournament (under 19) in England and scored 104 not out as opening batsman. In 2003 S. Muthukrishnan of VID was declared 3rd in the under fourteen CBSE Inter-State TT Championship at Ranchi. Rukmini Brahmachari IVC received first prize in the Martial Arts and 3rd prize in Kick Boxing Competition held in Australia by the International Sports karate Association. Anubhav Roy of VA received fifth prize in the All India CBSE swimming competition held in Chennai held in 2003.
- HVM School Team (under 18) boys participated in the 'Sixth All India Cricket Tournament' organised by All India Cricket Research Institute in Puri and won the prize for the Best Discipline School in 2004.
- Arghodeep Dey IX D and Komal Jalan IX D secured Second and Third ranks at the Art Competition on the theme of 'Euro 2004 Football' held at Inox at City Cantre, Salt Lake in 2004.
- Hariyana Vidya Mandir participated at the zonal swimming championship organised by CBSE at Kanpur in 2004.
- Anubhav Roy VI A won a Gold medal, Saurav Das VII A, won a Gold medal and Debanjana Bhattacharya VIII A won a silver medal.
- Smith Singh of class X C has been selected the ESPN Star Sports Champion from HariyanaVidya Mandir for the year 2004-2005.
- 50 (approx.) of our students, after passing class XII have qualified in IIT / JEE and IIM (after graduation) and other competitive examinations. One of our students, Master Tamal Chatterjee, is presently studying in a reputed U.S. university on scholarship.
- Our Student Master Amrit Sarkar, XIIA has stood FIRST in All-lndia CBSE Schools Essay Competition in English, organised by Central Board of Secondary education (CBSE) Delhi. He has been awarded Rs. 2,500/- cash prize and a Certificate of Merit by CBSE. He was paid train fare from Kolkata to New Delhi and back and received the Prize on 21 st January 2003. Sukanya Ghosh XIB was awarded first prize in Inter School Essay Competition organised by Rotary Club of Central Salt Lake in 2001.
- Science and SUPW exhibition of Projects and articles made by the students in held annually Educational tours and excursions are organised every year.
- Anindya Mitra of class VII B was selected in the team of 80 students from North, West, East, South of India as a part of the talent search team in the Quiz Competition programme beamed on National Television. He represented the Zonal finals from the East Zone.